You are currently browsing the Wedding Tips category.
Greetings Beautiful Brides To Be. I hope you are ready for some serious swooning today. You are going to love the haute couture looks from the oh-so-talented and creative designers from this season’s bridal runways.
On the runway, wedding makeup and hairstyles can be just as exciting as the dresses themselves.
So if you are craving a little beauty inspiration today and you are the type of bride with a passion for beauty who wants to look her absolute best for her 2014 wedding, look no further. I have the latest looks to share with you. Continue Reading…
Posted December 10th, 2013. Add a comment
Knowing how to coordinate hair and makeup with your bridesmaids can be tricky if you have strong personalities in the group. However, you should have the final say in the matter since it is your big day, so don’t let big personalities spoil this decision for you.
At the end of the day how your bridesmaids look will also reflect on how successful your wedding is.
It’s your wedding, don’t stress with hair and makeup decisions. Your bridesmaids were there for you all throughout your ups and downs in life. A wedding shouldn’t ruin a friendship built strong because of who is going to look better. Remember, you are the bride. You are the biggest star of the day and no matter how beautiful a bridesmaid is, you will be the most gorgeous woman in the event. So now the big question is how can you make your bridesmaid look stunning and yet will not outshine you in your wedding? Keeping a bridal party happy can be as demanding as the wedding planning itself. Every bride needs to know how to manage her complaining bridesmaids. Here are our top bridesmaid troubles and tips for avoiding bridal party drama.
Do any of the following sound like your bridesmaids?
I never wear makeup; why should I start now?
I know how to do my own makeup. I‘ve been doing it for my whole life!
I don’t trust makeup artists – they over-do it or they don’t give me enough; they don’t know my style; they never listen.
I just want to look natural, not “made-up”. Or I want a dramatic, smokey eye and bright lips.
It’s too much trouble, effort and cost. I am on a budget.
If any of these sound like your girls, don’t worry, you’re not alone. These are very common attitudes! But your wedding may be different. Maybe “special” enough to have them reconsider. Because makeup is a very personal thing and your bridal party also needs to feel comfortable and confident with who you hire, bring your maid of honor with you to your trial run. She will not only give you her honest opinion but, inform the the rest of the party that the trained makeup artist, the one specializing in your own bridal makeup, is perfect for them as well. The trend is becoming more popular for all the bridesmaids to have the same stylist and makeup artist do their makeup and up-dos done together so they will be coordinated. If you want to keep things looking uniform but also want to let your bridesmaids’ personalities shine, you can achieve this by having all your girls in the same makeup color but different hair styles. Choosing a color scheme for the bridesmaids’ makeup allows for the consistency of your wedding colors but shows off your girls’ personalities in your wedding photos. The right professional bridal makeup artists and photographers are successful BECAUSE they don’t have brides and their bridal parties looking “made up” in their photos. They look polished, elegant and fresh and they have that beautiful radiant glow! With makeup, remember it’s not about how much makeup, but rather what products, which colors and how it’s applied. In other words, it’s worth hiring a professional even to look “natural”!
No bride wants her bridesmaids to outshine her on her wedding day. But you still want and need your bridesmaids to look good for photos and match your aesthetic. Remember, how your bridesmaids look is an extension of your wedding design, just like flowers, centerpieces and paper. So the big question now is how can you make your bridesmaid look stunning and yet will not outshine you in your wedding? A wedding is like a fashion show. There will be a procession of stars in the aisle that would certainly take everyone’s breath away. But the greatest star of the event should be the bride. After all this is her wedding. But in every fashion show one girl would certainly look more stunning than the other. Have you ever been to a wedding where the BRIDESMAIDS outshone the bride? First, no one can ever outshine the bride at her own wedding! Yes, some bridesmaids may try to draw attention to themselves on the big day, but it always, always backfires. No one oohs and aahs at obviously attention-hungry bridesmaids, and their efforts only frustrate them when they do not get the spotlight they want so badly, so they end up looking foolish, immature and desperate. After all is said and done, it’s YOUR wedding day, so make it YOUR own!
As far as pricing, the best part is that your bridesmaids may be surprised. It’s probably not quite as costly as they have imagined. One way to find out is to ASK about our affordable packages for your bridal party.
For more info on an “All About The Bride In The Spotlight” trial run, contact Aradia – lead artist and creative director for The Art of Bridal Makeovers. Understanding the importance of Beautiful Makeup, Aradia will always provide a premium, professional service, taking pride in being distinctively creative, detail oriented and dedicated to my craft. With an attention to detail, 25 years of experience in the Industry and the knowledge and passion for bridal beauty, I will enhance and draw out the best version of your natural complexion and features. Brides are guaranteed the latest techniques and the highest quality products used for sustainability, longevity and the most flawless results achievable.
Greetings lovely brides! Welcome to Part 2 of my Bridal Makeup Style Blog!
Are you bold, or are you simple? Modern or vintage? Bridal style is as unique as we are as individuals. No matter what vibe you want to channel on your big day, have I’ve got the makeup look for you!
BRIDAL MAKEOVERS has identified the most requested bridal styles. We feel that when you are able to define your wedding style, it will be much easier and certainly more productive when communicating with the experts you’ve hired to help you create the wedding look of your dreams. Your wedding experts stand ready to bring your unique vision to life. But we are not mind-readers. The dialogue, the adjectives, phrases, colors, textures, and any visuals you bring into a trial run meeting to help your beauty pros understand you and will act as a launching pad for the creative process. Working with a client who has spent more than one to two hours exploring their style and is able to describe it translates into a much more cohesive event that is a direct reflection of YOU. This is the new first step in wedding planning, the definition of your bridal style. BRIDAL MAKEOVERS by Aradia is going to help you describe your wedding look into existence. Once we understand the essence of your style, we can take it from there and completely wow you with the results of their interpretation of your style!
If you’re a romantic bride, you want a super-feminine look for the most romantic day of your life.
The Romantic Bride: She is feminine with a touch of classic style. Everything about the romantic bride is timeless. The dress is flowy and soft and of course, pastel colors for the makeup is a must! For the most romantic day of your life, you want your look to match. Go for dewy skin, huge eyes, and a delicate pout. For your hair, consider a loose up-do secured with a jewel-encrusted barrette (preferably an antique or heirloom), with soft falling tendrils gently framing your face. Or, should you decide to really romance your groom, go for long tousled curls for that super-feminine, “I–am–your–princess” look.
Free-spirited brides look to express their style in a fun, contemporary way with makeup looks that fresh.
The Avant Garde Bride (AKA The Non-traditional Bride): You are the type of bride who is anything but traditional or classic. Continue Reading…
Congratulations on your engagement! BRIDAL MAKEOVERS wants to help you look and feel your best on one of the most important and biggest days of your life.
Look like a model on your wedding day!
Your wedding day is quickly approaching, and all the details are in check: venue, flowers, cake, DJ, photographer, dress, invitations, favors, shoes, etc. Hair and Makeup are also among the list of important decisions to make, but they are probably one of the last things on your mind. With so many options, choosing the perfect bridal hair and makeup stylist may seem just as daunting and stressful as deciding on all the other details. However, once you have selected the perfect makeup artist, your mind will be at ease knowing that you will look your absolute best for the wedding day. Here, we will simplify the process for you by suggesting a few helpful tips.
1) PRICING: Rates listed are estimates and are negotiable depending on assignment. Bridal Packages include a pre-wedding makeup design appointment and on location services on the day of your event. We offer discounts and a wide range of services that can accommodate small to large parties. Contact us today and mention this blog for an additional 20% off your bridal package. We are pleased to provide a custom bridal package quotation by request.
2) PHOTOS: Your wedding day makeup is critical for being camera ready for your photographs. It’s easy to overlook or assume that your “everyday makeup” applied a little heavier will do the trick. It’s important to hire a Makeup Artist that specializes in bridal makeup, and that has been trained in how to create a long-lasting application that will look not only amazing in person, but on film. Click on link to view photos of some of past brides: Real Brides
3) REFERRALS: Ask for referrals from friends, wedding websites, photographers and wedding planners — you’ll likely get several. Check out these artists’ web page or blog. (If they don’t have a webpage or blog, that usually indicates a lesser degree of professionalism – be wary). Look at their online portfolio. Do any of the pictures resemble your inspiration pictures? Read through their website, especially any FAQ page – do you get a sense of the person who has published this information, and do you like her? Finally, refer to her services and rates. Does she offer the services you’re looking for, and at a rate you’re comfortable with? Remember, with makeup, you DO get what you pay for, so never go with the lowest bid. From your research, select one or more artists and schedule consultations or trial runs. Click on link for images: On Location Work
4) PRODUCTS: As professional makeup artists, we have done our research and we know the best products that will provide the best coverage with the least amount of makeup possible so that your bridal makeup application will look completely natural. We are also trained to properly highlight your best features and contour your face so that you will look absolutely stunning in your wedding photos. We are also trained to look at a client and automatically know what colors are best to compliment your eye color, skin tone and hair color as well as what types of products are best for your unique skin type and conditions. We pride ourselves in using the best-of-the-best products from the top lines such as: NARS, MAC, Yves Saint Laurent , Makeup Forever, Cover FX and Smash-box. For airbrush makeup, I use the elite Pro Temptu line, which ensure flawless, long-lasting coverage. Click on link for images: Getting Ready with Bridal Makeovers
5) PERSONALIZED SERVICE: As a professional makeup artist dedicated to brides, I am able to translate all of that knowledge and love of style and beauty to the visual and emotional vocabulary of weddings. Having experienced weddings from both a personal and professional perspective, I can truthfully say no one is more dedicated to brides than I am. Please feel free to call me back to go over your dreams, desires and budget needs. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with you and show you just how committed we are to making your bridal beauty dreams come true!
6) THE RED CARPET EXPERIENCE: We are always in-the-know about the bridal beauty industry and keep up with the latest styles and trends. We use only the most high-end products and will take into account how hair and makeup translates onto camera. We travel to you to meet your wedding day needs at the location of your choosing. We provide any specialty services (airbrushing, false eyelashes, hair extensions, etc.) Aradia specializes in airbrush makeup. Unlike traditional makeup (hand applied) airbrush makeup sprays a fine mist so the makeup sits evenly on your skin. Airbrush provides a flawless coverage (sheer to full), by minimizing skin imperfections while giving skin a beautifully natural looking finished result that lasts up to 12 hours!
7) ONE-STOP SHOP: We have a highly extensive list of services; hair, makeup, fashion styling and even photography. Just tell us what you need and we’ll take care of the rest, going above and beyond so you can be worry-free. Our team consists of 13 different artists, always on-call. On the rare occasion that the one you booked cancels due to an emergency, a back-up artist will be available. BRIDAL MAKEOVERS is an established, experienced company, not a solo artist. This is important for many different reasons but the most important is accountability. When you hire a solo artist, it is just them, they have no one to answer to. All of my stylists are accountable to me and I can tell you, I have incredibly high standards!
8) PEACE OF MIND: Lastly, as an aspect that can easily be overlooked, the person you choose should make you feel relaxed and comfortable. You should be able to easily communicate your visions and concerns to the makeup artist without much hesitation. Since you will be spending a lot of time with your makeup artist on the day of the wedding and maybe on occasions leading up to the event, you will want to choose someone whose personality meshes well with yours. This will make the experience all the more special and fun! We have over 20 years of experience servicing high-end weddings. Word-of-mouth and repeat clients come to us for our class, professionalism and style. Also, because we are a company, we are able to offer many features and benefits that a solo artist can not such as regular office hours in case you need to talk to someone right away! I really think the bottom line is peace of mind! When you hire The Art of Bridal Makeovers by Aradia, you are buying a guarantee that you will be happy. I make sure of it!
Click here to read some of the reviews from past brides: Art of Beauty – Bridal Makeovers by Aradia Reviews Aradia Professional Makeup Artist
ABOUT BRIDAL MAKEOVERS BY ARADIA
Aradia Vive, owner and founder of BRIDAL MAKEOVERS, is an award winning professional makeup artist based in Miami Beach. Aradia has extensive experience in production/tv, print and fashion as a 20 year plus veteran of the beauty industry. Aradia is an internationally-known makeup artist and educator who is dedicated brides.
Booking several months in advance is advisable when booking on-location artists. We often get booked 6-9 months prior to a wedding date. Also, doing a trial before your wedding is most ideal when you have a good idea of the direction you would like to go with your hair and makeup by gathering images online or in magazines of styles you would like to try. We will determine what works best for your skin tone, accentuate your best features and make you look the most beautiful on this special day!
Thanks so much! Please feel free to contact us with any questions.We understand the inevitable stress that comes along with the joy of a wedding, so we promise to be there for you every step of the way, from the planning stages right up to the altar.
I am really looking forward to meeting you and fulfilling your dreams and desires for your bridal look!
All of my best,
Professional Makeup Artist
Happy Tuesday lovely brides! Welcome to my blog. I hope that all of you enjoyed your weekend and got plenty of wedding planning done. I know, it’s all about the planning.
Rock and roll, bohemian, minimalist—no matter what vibe you want to channel on your big day, have I’ve got the makeup look for you!
So, today’s questions to you are : What are you planning for your bridal look? There are ton of different options out there! So many, in fact, that the beauty choices can be almost overwhelming. Yes, we all agree that bridal makeup should match your wedding and personality. But, what is your quintessential bridal makeup style all about? I would really love to hear from you. For now I leave you with the words of that powerful diva Gloria Steinem; “without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. With out further ado here are some of my favorite inspirational bridal makeup looks that I’ve collected just for you.
The Daydreamer: For the bride that envisions a very feminine, romantic wedding look. Through emphasizing texture and dimension, you too can create this look. Think of warm, golden colors in soft roses, golds and bronze to enhance a natural beauty. Fabric may be flowing organza or lace, but the look is unmistakably romantic.
Soft and romantic and oh so dreamy.
The Sentimental: This look embodies a “modern vintage” bride. She desires a wedding that is reminiscent of the past, yet done in an updated way. May include Art Deco, Old Hollywood or retro styles that recall another era. Think of classic red lips, liquid eyeliner and a well structured face.
Are you inspired by icons like Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn for your bridal style? Drawing from former eras, your wedding has an effortlessly stylish look.
Welcome to my blog. Love pink? Don’t be afraid to show off your girly, sweet side.
If you are inspired by soft blush roses and cotton candy, then this season’s bridal trend is perfect for you!
One of prettiest color palettes out there—pastel pinks! There’s just something totally alluring and sweet about these soft hues when done throughout your wedding motif.
Would you consider having a pastel dress instead of a traditional white one?
Is pink the new white? Pastels are gaining today as one of the leading wedding trends for this year. Continue Reading…
Bridal beauty trends, tastes and styles are always changing, and here at Bridal Makeovers, we make it our job to update our skills and to dish out the latest and greatest wedding hair & makeup looks and ideas. This blog/gallery features some of our favorite beauty trends for 2012 brides.
Spring/Summer 2012 Bridal Beauty Trends
We’re going to kick off a Bridal Makeup Spring/Summer 2012 Style post on the trends and makeup must haves for the season! Here’s a look at what this season’s makeup trends are. Brides will love The Bare Faced Chic look of this season’s natural ‘nude’ face that’s ruling the runways. The idea is that less is more and fresh faced look is in, in a big way.
Check out this season’s Runway Inspired Makeup Trends for Brides.
While following trends will keep you fashion-forward, it’s best to keep it simple. I absolutely love the high-fashion treatment that classic bridal has been getting the past few seasons. It’s really refreshing to see unique gowns in unexpected colors, silhouettes, and fabrics. Since bridal designers are definitely thinking outside the box this season with colored gowns and printed wedding dresses that I got to thinking about all the creative ways to incorporate blossoming prints and patterns into bridal makeup artistry.
I feel you should pick one simple element, it could be a color, something in a sweet cotton-candy pink or something embellished with lace and covered in pearls and crystals, that’s going to be on-trend. Take one visual element and incorporate it into your wedding makeup palette. Another updated option is to almost reverse the smoky eye by applying a crystal/nude shadow and chocolate liner below the bottom lash line. I suggest easing up on the super lined, smokey eyes and just lining the eyes from the outer corners to the middle, like the models at the spring 2012 Dolce & Gabbana show.
Daytime Spring/Summer Bridal Makeup Looks
Daytime Spring/Summer Bridal makeup looks concentrate on having nude peachy lips, peach shades for the eyes, peachy skin tone foundation with a touch of ivory shimmer, with natural eyebrows. Continue Reading…
Of course you want your wedding day to be perfect. Who doesn’t? But how realistic are your expectations, and what will happen if everything doesn’t go perfectly? Will you consider the day to be ruined, after all of that planning and thought?
I decided to blog about this topic based on experiences from the hundreds of brides I have had the pleasure of doing their wedding makeup for. It never fails, every time a bride gets too stressed out it seems like everything goes wrong. Besides having a bad day, they sometimes have total meltdowns!
Planning a wedding can be so much fun yet sooo stressful at the same time! So many details are involved and I’ve realized, as brides, we sweat the small stuff! Take note of these tips:
During the wedding planning process and the day itself, remember the big picture and take a deep breath. After all, no one will remember the lopsided cake or miss the parting gift that the reception staff forgot to put out. No one will know if you fudged your vows or forgot your earrings. They’ll be too busy remembering what a great time they had sharing the start of your marriage with you!But let’s face it, wedding planning is stressful! With all of the coordination, timing and numerous things to prepare for (not to mention family politics!), it’s no wonder that nice, normal ladies turn into bridezillas. However, you don’t have to become a stressed-out stereotype on your big day. In fact, it is possible to plan a wedding and keep your healthy cool—no matter the situation.
Planning your wedding can be one of the most exciting and exhilarating times of your life. You have dreamed of this moment for years and now it is finally here! However, I understand that planning a wedding can be stressful during this time, as well as time consuming.
Most of my clients are busy brides with lots of questions about how my professional makeup artistry services work. Here are a few tips and advice that can be of benefit to you.
Why use a Professional Makeup Artist?
A professional has been trained in the “Art of Makeup”. Just as a fine artist creates a flawless painting with dimension and color, a true makeup artist knows how to create the best color story for their canvas, you! Photos have a tendency to enhance small blemishes or can embellish facial flaws. As a makeup specialist, I know how to use color and contouring to create precise dimension to the eye and face. You will have gorgeous photos to look back at years from now!
With so many Makeup Artists to choose from, how can I decide which one to hire?
With so many decisions to make for your wedding day, it can be difficult to decide on an artist. Communication is the key!
Interview a couple of different artists, and see which one fit’s with your personality the best. Be vocal about what your needs are, and what is important to you as the bride!
I’m not sure what I want, how do I communicate this with the Makeup Artist?
If your not sure what look you would like, start with what you definitely don’t like. Weed these out, and ask for suggestions from the artist. A great artist will base their ideas on your style, skin tone, coloring, and overall personality to make you look like you, but better! A good way to insure that your visual interpretation is the same as the artist’s, is to find some color inspirations. Try tearing out faces of makeup from magazines that you like, even if it’s a lip, or an eye color. Bring these along to the trial run appointment, the artist will have a better idea of what your vision is.
For more info visit: