You are currently browsing the Bridal Makeup Trial Run category.
Welcome to Part 2: Bridal Faux Lash Extensions – For a Touch of Glamour
Lashes, an infallible, eternal method of seduction – can never be long enough.
All About Lash Extensions
Many brides covet the glamorous look of bold, thick lashes. Beautiful lashes enhance a woman’s natural beauty and draw attention to her eyes, making them one of the most important aspects of her appearance. However, if you would rather not fuss with glue-on faux lashes the day of your wedding…There’s nothing worse than a beautiful bride sporting raccoon circles of mascara around her eyes. And since just about every bride tears up at her wedding, eyelash extensions are the ideal solution to prevent any mascara mishaps! I often recommended getting eyelash extensions and forgoing mascara altogether for the big day. But, there is a difference between to more the expensive “semi-permanent” extensions (around $200-$300 for example the Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions ), and the type that will only stay for a week or two (at most) and that cost about $25-$50. Both, if applied properly, will look gorgeous and natural at the same time and easy enough to do the eye make-up around them the day of the wedding. You just need to careful not to pick, tug, twist, excessively touch or brush your extensions, it could damage your natural lashes. To make the most out of your extensions just remember to choose a reputable salon, spa or eyelash extension only establishment. The lash artist should be a licensed esthetician or cosmetologist and the consultation should be free of charge. Ask what type adhesive is used (it should be non-formaldehyde), and if they have a variety of lashes for customizing. Always make sure they are not applying cluster lashes as lash extensions are one single lash applied to each one of your own.
Please do not get your extensions wet for 24 to 48 hours after the application. If you are having a facial, please do not use steam. The adhesive will reactivate and may cause the lashes to stick together and look like caked-on mascara.
Please do not let moisture-rich products like an oil based hair conditioner or a heavy makeup remover get onto your lashes. This will loosen the bond. Tilt your head back when washing your hair to avoid getting them wet.
Bridal Faux Lash Extensions – What you need to be aware of…
Do not settle for anything less than the type that is individually applied to each one of your natural lashes. They are light-weight, pre-curled, add length, volume, color and are 100% waterproof. Avoid cheap nail salons claiming to do lash extensions at a ridiculous low price and in a short 15 minute window. This is a sight of pure horror to any trained eyelash extension artist! With the increase in the popularity of lash extensions there has been an equal increase in the amount of un-trained lash stylist offering lash services without proper training or certifications resulting in damaging lash extensions of extremely poor quality. Incorrectly applied lash extensions feel UNCOMFORTABLE, HEAVY, CLUMPY and PAINFUL. They also tend to fall off easily and leave gaps, not to mention they can make your own lashes fall out. When I see these I usually end up having to put in temporary extensions plus waterproof mascara, and pray that it doesn’t turn into a hot mess of glues and gunk on my perfectly applied wedding makeup eyes!
It’s not unusual for me to see severe infections and permanent hair follicle damage on brides that have used this type of lashes. Below is an image of what I am talking about. You should be asking, how they will be applied, and don’t just ask, “Are they individually applied?” If they planning to use flares, they will say they are individual. You must ask if it is one single lash applied to one single natural lash with no sticking together. These types of salons tend to advertise as “individual” lashes but they are actually heavy clusters and flare lashes applied with toxic cheap glue. Each single eyelash extension should be attached only to each single natural hair. There should never be an extension attached to more than one eyelash. The length, thickness and curvature of the lash extensions should be customized and determined by your very own lashes. Improper sizing will cause breakage. Remember each lash separated is essential to healthy natural lash cycling. Ask what they charge and how long it will take. If it is not going to take about 1.5-2 hours to apply a full set, run the other way! That’s why skilled artists charge around $200 for an initial full set, just like your pro bridal makeup application, it takes time, talent and skill.
Eyelash extensions should be applied with your eyes closed. If the procedure is done with your eyes open, it will result in improper application. The glue used during the application should never touch your skin. Since your eyes are shut the whole time lash extensions are being applied, no glue will ever get into your eye. To avoid any irritation, however, the first safety precaution you can take is to be sure that the glue is safe for your eyes and doesn’t contain anything that can harm them, like formaldehyde. Additionally, it’s important to understand the difference between an allergic reaction and an infection. A licensed and experienced lash technician will not let an infection occur, but if you’re allergic to the glue, you’re still going to be allergic.
I hope that you find this info valuable so you can flaunt those fab lashes on YOUR BIG DAY!
About Bridal Makeovers by Aradia
BRIDAL MAKEOVERS has extensive experience in the fashioning and bringing out the exquisite beauty of the bride. The elite staff is comprised of South Florida’s finest make up and hair artists, all of whom specialize in long-lasting, photogenic airbrush makeup and creative hairstyles for brides. We look forward to making a connection to help you rock your most glamorous look to date!
Posted September 22nd, 2013. Add a comment
My best advice for your eye make up on your wedding day… Faux Eyelashes.
Bridal faux eyelashes are perfect for brides that want to add a touch of glamour to their eyes.
I don’t think I have ever sent a bride away without them. Luscious long lashes that transform the eyes to give a glamorous but natural look are a beauty must have for your big day. There are lots of light, barely there options which enhance your natural lashes as well as more dramatic, glamorous options. I’ve had several brides tell me that they wore them past the wedding and into the first few days of their honeymoon!
Faux Lash Options
Strip lashes are a good option if you want a classic, defined lash and especially works well if you’re going for a subtle liquid liner or a smokey look.
Individual lashes are a popular alternative to strip falsies, creating amazing natural looking lashes with a choice of lengths. Individual faux eyelashes are a great option for brides who want to add a bit of glamour to their eye makeup look on their big day but don’t want to commit to 3-4 weeks and the expense of eyelash extensions. The difference of even 4 or 5 individual lashes on each eye is unbelievable. Individuals give you the choice to add anything from a subtle flutter to full on Va Va Voom! I literally can’t recommend these enough. I absolutely love them!
Are you considering false lashes or extensions for your bridal look? A BRIDAL MAKEOVERS trial run includes a complimentary application of false eyelashes that are natural, subtle, and yet full, giving the perfect finishing touch to your eye makeup. We love to transform our bride’s eyes to give them a glamorous look.
The BRIDAL MAKEOVERS blog – written collaboratively by our stylists and makeup artists, we share our views, tips and recommendations on all things wedding hair and makeup, including things you may find interesting in the lead up to your wedding.
Posted September 19th, 2013. Add a comment
Congratulations on your engagement! BRIDAL MAKEOVERS wants to help you look and feel your best on one of the most important and biggest days of your life.
Look like a model on your wedding day!
Your wedding day is quickly approaching, and all the details are in check: venue, flowers, cake, DJ, photographer, dress, invitations, favors, shoes, etc. Hair and Makeup are also among the list of important decisions to make, but they are probably one of the last things on your mind. With so many options, choosing the perfect bridal hair and makeup stylist may seem just as daunting and stressful as deciding on all the other details. However, once you have selected the perfect makeup artist, your mind will be at ease knowing that you will look your absolute best for the wedding day. Here, we will simplify the process for you by suggesting a few helpful tips.
1) PRICING: Rates listed are estimates and are negotiable depending on assignment. Bridal Packages include a pre-wedding makeup design appointment and on location services on the day of your event. We offer discounts and a wide range of services that can accommodate small to large parties. Contact us today and mention this blog for an additional 20% off your bridal package. We are pleased to provide a custom bridal package quotation by request.
2) PHOTOS: Your wedding day makeup is critical for being camera ready for your photographs. It’s easy to overlook or assume that your “everyday makeup” applied a little heavier will do the trick. It’s important to hire a Makeup Artist that specializes in bridal makeup, and that has been trained in how to create a long-lasting application that will look not only amazing in person, but on film. Click on link to view photos of some of past brides: Real Brides
3) REFERRALS: Ask for referrals from friends, wedding websites, photographers and wedding planners — you’ll likely get several. Check out these artists’ web page or blog. (If they don’t have a webpage or blog, that usually indicates a lesser degree of professionalism – be wary). Look at their online portfolio. Do any of the pictures resemble your inspiration pictures? Read through their website, especially any FAQ page – do you get a sense of the person who has published this information, and do you like her? Finally, refer to her services and rates. Does she offer the services you’re looking for, and at a rate you’re comfortable with? Remember, with makeup, you DO get what you pay for, so never go with the lowest bid. From your research, select one or more artists and schedule consultations or trial runs. Click on link for images: On Location Work
4) PRODUCTS: As professional makeup artists, we have done our research and we know the best products that will provide the best coverage with the least amount of makeup possible so that your bridal makeup application will look completely natural. We are also trained to properly highlight your best features and contour your face so that you will look absolutely stunning in your wedding photos. We are also trained to look at a client and automatically know what colors are best to compliment your eye color, skin tone and hair color as well as what types of products are best for your unique skin type and conditions. We pride ourselves in using the best-of-the-best products from the top lines such as: NARS, MAC, Yves Saint Laurent , Makeup Forever, Cover FX and Smash-box. For airbrush makeup, I use the elite Pro Temptu line, which ensure flawless, long-lasting coverage. Click on link for images: Getting Ready with Bridal Makeovers
5) PERSONALIZED SERVICE: As a professional makeup artist dedicated to brides, I am able to translate all of that knowledge and love of style and beauty to the visual and emotional vocabulary of weddings. Having experienced weddings from both a personal and professional perspective, I can truthfully say no one is more dedicated to brides than I am. Please feel free to call me back to go over your dreams, desires and budget needs. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with you and show you just how committed we are to making your bridal beauty dreams come true!
6) THE RED CARPET EXPERIENCE: We are always in-the-know about the bridal beauty industry and keep up with the latest styles and trends. We use only the most high-end products and will take into account how hair and makeup translates onto camera. We travel to you to meet your wedding day needs at the location of your choosing. We provide any specialty services (airbrushing, false eyelashes, hair extensions, etc.) Aradia specializes in airbrush makeup. Unlike traditional makeup (hand applied) airbrush makeup sprays a fine mist so the makeup sits evenly on your skin. Airbrush provides a flawless coverage (sheer to full), by minimizing skin imperfections while giving skin a beautifully natural looking finished result that lasts up to 12 hours!
7) ONE-STOP SHOP: We have a highly extensive list of services; hair, makeup, fashion styling and even photography. Just tell us what you need and we’ll take care of the rest, going above and beyond so you can be worry-free. Our team consists of 13 different artists, always on-call. On the rare occasion that the one you booked cancels due to an emergency, a back-up artist will be available. BRIDAL MAKEOVERS is an established, experienced company, not a solo artist. This is important for many different reasons but the most important is accountability. When you hire a solo artist, it is just them, they have no one to answer to. All of my stylists are accountable to me and I can tell you, I have incredibly high standards!
8) PEACE OF MIND: Lastly, as an aspect that can easily be overlooked, the person you choose should make you feel relaxed and comfortable. You should be able to easily communicate your visions and concerns to the makeup artist without much hesitation. Since you will be spending a lot of time with your makeup artist on the day of the wedding and maybe on occasions leading up to the event, you will want to choose someone whose personality meshes well with yours. This will make the experience all the more special and fun! We have over 20 years of experience servicing high-end weddings. Word-of-mouth and repeat clients come to us for our class, professionalism and style. Also, because we are a company, we are able to offer many features and benefits that a solo artist can not such as regular office hours in case you need to talk to someone right away! I really think the bottom line is peace of mind! When you hire The Art of Bridal Makeovers by Aradia, you are buying a guarantee that you will be happy. I make sure of it!
Click here to read some of the reviews from past brides: Art of Beauty – Bridal Makeovers by Aradia Reviews Aradia Professional Makeup Artist
ABOUT BRIDAL MAKEOVERS BY ARADIA
Aradia Vive, owner and founder of BRIDAL MAKEOVERS, is an award winning professional makeup artist based in Miami Beach. Aradia has extensive experience in production/tv, print and fashion as a 20 year plus veteran of the beauty industry. Aradia is an internationally-known makeup artist and educator who is dedicated brides.
Booking several months in advance is advisable when booking on-location artists. We often get booked 6-9 months prior to a wedding date. Also, doing a trial before your wedding is most ideal when you have a good idea of the direction you would like to go with your hair and makeup by gathering images online or in magazines of styles you would like to try. We will determine what works best for your skin tone, accentuate your best features and make you look the most beautiful on this special day!
Thanks so much! Please feel free to contact us with any questions.We understand the inevitable stress that comes along with the joy of a wedding, so we promise to be there for you every step of the way, from the planning stages right up to the altar.
I am really looking forward to meeting you and fulfilling your dreams and desires for your bridal look!
All of my best,
Professional Makeup Artist
Photo Shoots For Brides – High-Fashion Bridal Photography
Although there are several types of photo shoots for brides – high-fashion bridal photography, bridal portraits, wedding day photo shoots, engagement shoots, etc., our favorites are the High Fashion Bridal Portraits, which are a lot of fun because they allow us to channel our fashion background and apply it toward bridal. These types of photo shoots have become really popular with our brides at Bridal Makeovers. We are strong believers in brides having a bridal portrait session. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Bridal Photo Shoot Session, it’s one of those time-honored traditions that have regained popularity in recent years. Formal bridal portraits were treated as an heirloom to be treasured for generations to come. These carefully crafted portraits of the bride in her wedding gown were considered to be works of art.
Not only is it one of the few times that a regular woman gets to be treated like a celebrity while she is primped up and polished to take gorgeous photos of herself, which in itself makes the whole experience worthwhile but, it’s also a great trial run for the wedding day. This is your no-pressure practice time in front of my camera! The “model” face is always a foreign concept and posing doesn’t always come naturally. This is why this type of photo session is awesome! A Bridal Photo Shoot Session allows my brides to get super comfortable in front of the camera without the pressure of the wedding day timeline and the nerves that come along with a wedding day! By the time the wedding rolls around, they have mastered their poses and they feel confident in front of the camera, instead of timid. I always emphasize that it is important to add a bit of ‘fashion flair’ to your portraiture. You don’t want to be boring or typical. For the record, we love how all our real brides look so much more beautiful in their dresses than most of our professional models from our fashion shoots! I feel it’s because our brides have real bodies – curvy or not-so-curvy. And the glow on the face of the real brides beats any air-brushed model any day!
That being said, if you utilize the concepts behind fashion photography, you will be able to create striking images. If you’re considering having a bridal portrait taken with a high fashion twist, please contact us and let us know. Just like some of the editors from the bridal magazines that have contacted Bridal Makeovers for studio and location shoots, now you can too. With our high fashion, fine art touch you are bound to feel like a model on an editorial shoot. Just like a fashion shoot, Bridal Makeovers works on-location to create your unforgettable bridal look. Get gorgeous hair, flawless makeup and red carpet treatment! It’s your day to shine!
Book your high fashion photo shoot makeup & hair session today at www.bridalmakeovers.com
TIPS to make the most of your Bridal Portrait/Fashion Shoot
To eliminate blinking in all your beautiful wedding photos, use this tip: relax your eyes before the shot by looking down. Then, when the photographer says “cheese”, look up just as the picture is being taken.
To create a thinner line in your photos, angle your body slightly toward the camera. Never stand facing the camera straight on.
Don’t be afraid to glam it up. It’s your bridal portrait! It’s your day to be spectacularly glamorous! Add a little bling to your style like eye lash extensions and hair extensions. Remember, all eyes will be on you and you want to look gorgeous!
Aradia is a 20-year veteran of the fashion industry. A former fashion illustrator whose work has graced the pages of elite magazines, as well as a professional makeup artist and creative director, Aradia is now one of the top bridal makeup artists in the United States. Aradia travels across the country to provide on-location hair and makeup services to brides on their wedding day. She also owns and operates Bridal Makeovers.
Bridal Makeover Trial Run by Aradia
As a professional makeup artist that specializes in brides, I highly recommend a trial run before the wedding. This is the time to choose the exact look you want, so that on your wedding day, it can be mastered and applied efficiently. A trial run also gives you the chance to photograph yourself in the makeup look and see how you feel! When I do a bridal trial, I suggest the bride look at herself in both natural and artificial lighting and take photos of herself, both with and without flash.
Here are some answers to questions that you may have:
What should I expect during my consultation?
We will look at your inspiration pictures, and to discuss colors and style. We’ll map out one or more specific “looks” on face-charts, based on your plans for engagement/bridal photos in addition to the wedding. Please share with me what details are most important to you, or any concerns you may have. My goal for this meeting is to let you get to know me and my work, & to begin to earn your trust, so you can make the decision if I am the right artist for Your Big Day!
This is a one-hour to two hour appointment. During our time together, we’ll discuss all the details and I’ll also apply your photo-ready wedding day look makeup, so you can see a sampling of my work and feel what it’s like to sit in my makeup chair.
Can you duplicate a makeup look from pictures in a magazine?
Absolutely! In fact, I prefer to see two kinds of pictures — of makeup that you love, as well as makeup that you don’t! This helps cut through differences in our vocabulary and lets me see plainly what it is you’ve got your heart set on.